MegaWatt Ventures is an annual clean technology business plan competition sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy's Cleantech University Prize (Cleantech UP). Ten promising cleantech companies from throughout the U.S. have been selected as finalists to compete for $50,000 in front of a panel of renowned venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, renewable energy veterans, and Fortune 1000 company technology scouts. The top three teams will secure a spot to compete in the national Cleantech UP competition hosted by VentureWell in Austin, Texas on June 26-27, 2017.
The 2017 MegaWatt Ventures event will include an Innovation Showcase in the afternoon for attendees to network with the competing companies as they demonstrate some of today's leading clean technlogy innovations coming out of U.S. universities.
Read more about the 10 finalists here
Where: UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management (9907 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819)
Megawatt Venture Event Schedule:
- Dr. Tom O'neal, Associate Vice President at UCF Office of Research and Commercialization
- Janine Elliott, Program Officer at VentureWell
- George Gramatikas, CEO and Co-Founder at Turbine Technology Services
- Carol Hunter, Construction Project Controls Manager at Disney Parks & Resort
- Purnesh Seegopaul, General Partner at Pangea Ventures