We are happy to announce the 10 finalists who will participate in the 2017 Megawatt Ventures competition! These finalists will each have an opportunity to pitch their company on-stage at our June 9th Competition & Showcase for a chance to win $50,000 and an opportunity to attend the Cleantech University Prize national competition between June 26-27th in Austin, Texas.
These teams offer a wide range of technologies and are located in 7 different states around the country.
- Element 16 (e16tech.com/) – This Los Angeles, California company is developing Low-cost thermal energy storage for commercial facilities.
- Energitek – Orlando, Florida based team is creating a Smart Home Energy Management
- Nascent Energy Systems (www.nascentenergysystems.com)– This Blacksburg, Virginia based team is developing efficient energy harvesting systems for rail infrastructure optimization
- NextPrinted Solar – This Tuscaloosa Alabama based team is developing stable high-efficiency fully-flexible perovskite solar cells
- Pyur Solutions (www.pyursolutions.com)– This Los Angeles, California based team is developing nontoxic, biodegradable, plant-based pesticides, herbicides and insecticides.
- SDV Solar (www.sdvsolar.com) – This Louisville, Kentucy based team is creating an efficient solar heating system for chicken houses.
- Sky Nano LLC (www.skynanotechnologies.com)– This Nashville, Tennessee based team is creating innovative functional nanomaterials.
- Thor ORE (www.thorore.com) – This Orlando, Florida based team is developing a new process of by-product mining for Rare Earths and strategic materials.
- ThuRiYa Energy – This Orlando, Florida based team is creating high efficiency solar cells utilizing novel manufacturing techniques.
- WEAV3D (www.weav3d.com) - This Atlanta, Georgia based team is developing new composite forming equipment.
The competition will be held at the UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management and is open to the public. For more information on the competition and showcase you can check out our page with the agenda and details.
To register for a ticket, you can fill out the following form: